There were certain givens when I quit in 2005 that have changed due to updates and/or deeper understanding of the game. Here are 10:
1. Alchemist MC: It was very rare to ever see a metabolist. Transmuters loved the ogre pill. Yet now 99% of alc’s are metas.
2. Bard MC: Same thing here as alc’s. Most used to be gypsy while now everyone is a minstrel.
3. Mage MC: Aero was extremely popular. Now most are pyro.
4. Cleric paths: Much more common to see a resist path cleric.
5. Druid paths: Much more common to see a damage path druid.
6. Everyone wanted a were-form in 2005. Now a lot go with were-hunter.
7. Shaman MC: From the Elder polar bear to the Mystic SS.
8. Raids aren’t always done with tank classes anymore. Clerics, bards, and even alchemists are becoming popular choices.
9. A guild with 4 active players is an active guild. There was a point when the average guild had 10 or more active players. Some had 50-60.
10. If someone says they played in 2003, that means they are 8 years older than when they started. Just think about that for a minute…