Assuming production costs are not a barrier, these are some things I would have done differently if I was SOE…
I would have had an expansion in late 2005. Why late 2005 and not 2004? Biggest mass exodus in the game came in 2005 because of a lack of new content and the rise of WoW.
What would be in this expansion?
- At least 2 new classes and a level cap of 65. Not sure I would expand the races. The last 5 levels would take the same amount of time as it took from 50-60.
- Class 1: Battery/Tank – like an SK but with group mana buffs. Can’t compete damage and battery wise with a Bard or Enchanter and can’t compete with Warrior or Pally for AC.
- Class 2: Melee/Healer – Insta-heals only melee. Hits like a Bard, heals like a Paladin.
- Expand the mainland to add more to explore.
- Add epic server wide events like the Sleeper dragon from EQ.
- Keep the ALL/ALL robes and do a yearly drop event at a random mob. Don’t release anything to the public about this.
- Add mass dueling. Almost like WoW’s battlegrounds. (I had this idea back before WoW even released. With that said, Blizzard did an excellent job with bg’s.)
- Obviously cut the fee back to the $9.99.
- Moved it to a PC format.
- Allow private servers… this can even be with an additional fee.
- Introduce the ability to customize the stats on weapons and armor.
What are some changes you guys would have made to keep people playing EQOA?